The top panel is common to all darktable views and provides access to a number of common functions.
🔗On the left-hand-side
- filter / sort
- Choose how to filter and sort the images. Criteria can be altered in the collection filters module.
- sort order
- Switch the sort order (ascending / descending).
🔗On the right-hand-side
- Expand or collapse grouped images.
- thumbnail overlays
- Define what information is overlaid on to thumbnails in the lighttable/filmstrip.
- You can define different settings depending on the thumbnail size. See preferences > lighttable for details of how size delimiters are set.
- context-sensitive help
- Click this icon and then click on a control element to be directed to the appropriate online help page.
- shortcut mapping
- Click this icon to enter the visual shortcut mapping mode to create keyboard/mouse shortcuts.
- View and amend darktable’s preferences & settings.