spot removal (deprecated)
Correct areas of an image (the target) using details from another area of the image (the source).
This module uses some of the shapes that are available for drawn masks (circles, ellipses and paths), and the user interface is similar.
To use this module, first select the desired shape by clicking the corresponding shape icon (Ctrl+click to enable continuous shape creation mode). Next, you may optionally choose the source for the correction by using Shift+Ctrl+click or Shift+click on the image canvas to choose absolute or relative mode, respectively (see below). Finally click on the canvas to choose the area to be healed (the target area). A cross is displayed where the source area will be positioned.
The source positioning has two modes
- absolute mode
- Before placing a shape on the image canvas, Shift+Ctrl+click on the desired position for the source. From this point on, all new shapes will have their source created at the same absolute position (in image co-ordinates).
- relative mode
- Before placing a shape on the image canvas, Shift+click on the desired position for the source. The current shape will have the source created at that position and subsequent shapes will have their source created at the same position, relative to the target shape.
After creation the source and target areas of each shape can be shifted independently until the result matches your expectations. An arrow points from the source area of each shape to its target.
Use the shape-specific controls to adjust each shape’s size, border width, and other attributes.
Right-click on a shape to delete it.
This module is equivalent to the “cloning” tool in the retouch module; see the description of the cloning tool for additional details and examples. If spot removal produces unsatisfactory results, you may want to try the “heal” tool in retouch instead.
- German (translation incomplete): Fleckenentfernung (veraltet)
- Polish (translation incomplete): usuwanie plam (przest.)
- Português (translation incomplete): remoção de mancha (obsoleto)
- Ukrainian (translation incomplete): видалення плям (застарілий)
- Dutch (translation incomplete): vlekverwijdering (verouderd)