View your image rendered using a selected color profile.
Click the icon to activate the soft proof display mode on your image. This allows you to preview your image rendered using a printer profile to see how colors will end up on the final print. You can also activate soft proof with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S. A message “soft proof" on the bottom left of your image tells you that you are in soft proof display mode.
Right-click on the icon to open a dialog with the following configuration parameters. For each of these parameters, the list of available profiles is read from
$DARKTABLE represents darktable’s installation directory and
$HOME your home directory).
- display profile
- Set the color profile for the display. The option “system display profile” is the preferred setting when working with a calibrated display. The profile is taken either from your system’s color manager or from your X display server. The method darktable uses to detect your system display profile can be changed in preferences > miscellaneous. For more information see the display profile section.
- preview display profile
- Set the color profile for the preview image if you are using a second window.
- Set the rendering intent for your display – only available if rendering with LittleCMS2 is activated. See rendering intent for a list of available options. This option appears twice – once for the “display profile” and once for the “preview display profile”.
- softproof profile
- Set the color profile for soft proofing. Typically these profiles are supplied by your printer or generated during printer profiling.
- histogram profile
- Set the color profile of the histogram. None of the available options are ideal, however, “system display profile” is probably the least bad setting, since all other profiles are derived from the display color space and at least the values will conform to what you see on screen.