View your image rendered using a selected color profile.
Click the icon to activate the soft proof display mode on your image. This allows you to preview your image rendered using a printer profile to see how colors will end up on the final print. You can also activate soft proof with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S. A message “soft proof" on the bottom left of your image tells you that you are in soft proof display mode.
Right-click on the icon to open a dialog with the following configuration parameters. For each of these parameters, the list of available profiles is read from
$DARKTABLE represents darktable’s installation directory and
$HOME your home directory).
- display profile
- Set the color profile for the display. The option “system display profile” is the preferred setting when working with a calibrated display. The profile is taken either from your system’s color manager or from your X display server. The method darktable uses to detect your system display profile can be changed in preferences > miscellaneous. For more information see the display profile section.
- preview display profile
- Set the color profile for the preview image if you are using a second window.
- Set the rendering intent for your display – only available if rendering with LittleCMS2 is activated. See rendering intent for a list of available options. This option appears twice – once for the “display profile” and once for the “preview display profile”.
- softproof profile
- Set the color profile for soft proofing. Typically these profiles are supplied by your printer or generated during printer profiling.
- histogram profile
- Set the color profile of the histogram.